Workplace injuries are commonplace and without proper treatment, some injuries can result in disability that can prevent you from earning a living and enjoying life. Common workplace injuries include repetitive strain injuries as well as chronic low back pain and neck pain.
If you have experienced an injury at work, you should seek assistance as quickly as possible. Marque Medicos provide experienced, friendly, effective treatment and management for all workplace injuries. You can be confident you will receive the highest quality of care with the latest research, equipment and the best possible care available in the Chicagoland area.
Here are some of the most common workplace injuries we see:
- Overexertion. This includes injuries related to pulling, lifting, pushing, holding, carrying, and throwing activities at work.
- Fall on Same Level Surfaces. Falls on wet and slippery office floors.
- Fall to Lower Level. This type of fall happens from an elevated area such as roofs, ladders, and stairways.
- Bodily Reaction. These are injuries caused by slipping and tripping without falling.
- Struck by Object. Objects that fall from shelves or dropped by another person. These can cause very serious injuries.
- Struck Against an Object. This happens when a person accidentally runs into concrete objects such as walls, doors, cabinets, glass windows, table, chairs, etc.
- Caught In/Compressed By. This type of injury usually occurs in a factory where large and dangerous machinery is used. Sometimes little or no precaution in its usage may endanger the safety of its operators. Exposure to extreme temperature is also an example of this workplace injury.
- Repetitive Motion. This type of workplace injury is one of those less obvious but definitely harmful ones in the long run. Repetitive motions such as typing and using the computer 24/7 can strain muscles and tendons causing back pain, vision problems, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
The dedicated team at Marque Medicos provides comprehensive treatment and rehabilitation services if you have been injured at work. Our experienced and multidisciplinary team can guide you on your road to recovery from various workplace injuries. We provide the following services:
- X-rays on-site
- Initial fracture treatment
- Care for sprains, exposure and most other work-related injuries or illnesses
- Report of treatment, prognosis and back-to-work status
We’ve got your back
Let our experienced team of health professionals get you feeling better faster — we work for YOU — the injured worker. Marque Medicos’ knowledgeable staff will assist you with paperwork and can answer any questions you may have.